Technical Connections, Inc. is Southern California’s premier recruiting firm specializing exclusively in software and information technology professionals. We are currently interviewing experienced Business Development Managers to join our growing team. Come find out why companies have trusted TCI with their key technology staffing and resource needs for over 30 years.
Our flexible and modern environment is ideal for a staffing professional with at least 3 years of Business Development and Account Management in a technical recruiting firm who is ready to take control of her/his own career in an environment that fosters growth, creativity, and the ability to control your own destiny.
Why you want to work here
- You want to associate with the best. Technical Connections has been around for over 30 years - we have an impeccable reputation along with an extensive database of clients and contacts.
- You want support and mentoring but not micromanagement. You’re an adult and know what you’re doing but a little help every once in a while doesn’t hurt.
- You want to make a lot of money in an ethical and honest environment. You get to run your own desk in your own way as long as you adhere to the company’s principles.
- Creative, resourceful ability to identify potential clients. You have to be willing to cold call, network and follow leads, attend industry user group meetings, etc, in order to build a strong network if you don’t already have one.
- Keen intuition - able to read between the lines, pick up on red flags and have the innate sense that no single deal is worth your overall reputation.
- Great people skills. Genuine curiosity and caring, not just about making a quick dollar.
- Rock solid sense of ethics and integrity and a strong team player.
- Stellar communication and organizational skills.
- Good sense of humor. You can’t take yourself too seriously.
- Recent experience in selling IT or similar staffing services through direct client relationships in the greater Los Angeles area.
- A track record of success in acquiring customers through building/developing a network of clients/contacts.
- Strong sense of working as a team and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Proficient with the latest internet and mobile technologies/applications, as well as business applications like MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge or interest in utilizing social media, such as LinkedIn and Twitter, to build your network.
- Overall understanding of technology and how the pieces fit together.
- 4 year college degree strongly preferred.
The perfect fit for this opportunity is YOU if you are someone who knows how to work smart, you’re hungry, creative, and have a strong passion for winning.