Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- Be part of a large, successful, privately owned company with more than 3,500 employees who all share a passion for improving quality of life through technology and geography. Our client's software inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
- Excellent benefits and very competitive compensation packages - plus a company commitment to work/life balance offering core hour schedules and flexibility in your work hours.
- A real team company right up to the CEO (owner) who you will often find waiting in line at the company cafeteria and paying for his own lunch like everyone else.
What Gets You the Job?
- Work on highly complex, cross-functional, enterprise business intelligence solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise for key enterprise data and BI core functions.
- Participate in the work stream planning process, including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Develop and review work plan timelines and manage workflows to meet timeframes.
- Take part in the project management estimation process and plan service demand forecasts.
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes/requirements and participate in the development of business cases.
- Evaluate customers’ needs and abilities to provide appropriate solutions.
- Advise management on how BI plays a critical role in improving business management and optimization.
- Explore data to discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends.
- Develop best practices for report deployments.
- Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business.
- Recommend quality metrics and ensures quality metrics are documented and tracked.
- Provide guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
Keywords: Meta data management, data controls, data provisioning, BI & data analytics, data governance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Management (or equivalent work experience)
- 10+ years of business analysis or related technical experience
- Strong technical and business acumen with a strong knowledge of critical data elements and workflows
- Experience managing high priority, high visibility projects
- Background with metadata management, data controls, data provisioning, data quality concepts, best practices, and tools
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of business intelligence, data analytics, and data management policies and practices in a complex organizational environment
- Familiarity with data analysis, data quality, and data governance techniques
- Proficiency in business process improvement and quality assurance
- Exposure to Master Data Management and Big Data Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of the software industry and its business functional areas strongly preferred
Compensation: $95,000 Per Year