Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- Global, growing company means many new opportunities as the company develops cutting edge payment solutions for their clients.
- Company culture is open and transparent. Their focus for their clients and internal team members is to build fun, collaborative relationships and the foster creativity in everything they do. They also pay well, have very good benefits, and take very good care of their employees.
- The OC location boats an amazing work environment and culture. Bright, open work spaces that invite people to work closely together are teamed with the company giant lunch and game room - traditional and console games, snacks and refreshments galore, and a sense of fun in everything they do.
What Gets You the Job?
- Execute root-cause analysis of directional changes in KPIs, provide analytical support to the operational teams, and assist in the development/automation of ongoing reports to monitor and track the performance goals of risk management teams.
- Actively manage programs and strategies for effective detection of credit and fraud risk within the overall merchant portfolio.
- Build advanced analytical models/data mining algorithms such as Multivariate Regression, Logistic.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of risk analysts, analytical, and product development resources to identify and promote new solutions/products that will improve the overall effectiveness of merchant risk monitoring and risk programs.
- Produce forecasting models, analysis, and recommendations to understand and mitigate risk and protect against potential vulnerabilities.
- Prepare and extract data from databases.
- Analyze hundreds of variables covering a wide range of information, identify emerging risk patterns, and create new variables.
- Work with technology teams to develop and implement analytical solutions in a production environment.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis requests and other related assignments/projects as requested by management.
Keywords: Data, analytics, data modeling, SQL, Python, RStudio
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science (or any other quantitative discipline), Master’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in a data science role
- Background in data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and modeling, with experience deploying models in a production environment
- Statistical computing in at least one scripting language such as R, Python.
- Proven ability to independently deliver end-to-end analytic solutions by asking the right questions, identifying necessary data sources, building predictive models, and producing actionable results
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning theory and practice is preferred
- Strong knowledge of database querying and data analysis using SQL, SSRS and other tools
- Familiarity with card acquiring industry and credit risk is preferred
Compensation: $125,000 Per Year