Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- This innovative company develops large-scale experiences that socialize gamers nationwide.
- Become part of a small but fast growing team of smart and enthusiastic colleagues.
What Gets You the Job?
- Use Agile software development best practices to strive for high quality and rapid output.
- Performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation.
- Support, maintain, and help document software functionality.
- Maintain coding, compliance, and security standards.
- Work with other departments, stakeholders, and customers on software development, improvements, internal tools, and implementation issues.
- Maintain and support past and future technical solutions.
- Proactively learn product frameworks and code base.
- 3+ years’ experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming or Functional Programing
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Sybase, Oracle, etc.)
- Working familiarity with large software systems, particularly distributed systems and microservices architectures
- Familiarity with large transactional data streams and combining transactional data with web, social, and mobile data streams
- Expert use of Scala on Play Framework
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting and front-end development frameworks, including Polymer
- Agile, Lean, or similar development methodologies/experience
- Background with AWS a plus
- Understanding of basic project management principles
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, responsive web development, and mobile optimization
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/SVN
Compensation: $150,000 Per Year