Why you want to work here:
- Work for a global leader in the financial industry creating innovative strategies for the current needs of the market.
- Led by a renowned innovator in the industry, the company manages over $80 billion in assets using investment strategies developed in-house.
- Our client offers competitive base salaries and extremely lucrative bonuses, in addition to a fantastic benefits package.
What You Will Do
- Monitor 350+ scheduled ETL and reporting jobs that run on a daily or weekly basis.
- Provide first level support for failed jobs and/or processes.
- Supervise the job scheduler and other application servers used by the data management team.
- Run 20+ monthly jobs, processes, and reports based on the data arrival.
- Document existing processes and log job failures and their resolution.
- Study and enhance existing systems to minimize operational failures.
- Generate end-of-day report, summarizing the status of the jobs.
- Oversee vendor communications for data corrections and new releases.
- Data QC and report issues to vendors.
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Finance, Math, or related field
- 2+ years' experience in SAS, Perl, or SSIS
- 2+ years' experience with Relational Databases, SQL, and Database management tools like SSMS or Toad
- Experience in the financial industry a plus
- Competence with ETL tools and job scheduler a plus
- History with financial databases like Bloomberg Backoffice, Worldscope, Datastream, CRSP, Compustat a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a swift manner, yet attend to details
- Familiarity with SDLC and release processes
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work and people
Keywords: SAS/Perl/SSIS, Relational Databases, SQL (financial industry, ETL tools, Bloomberg backoffice, Worldscope, Datastream, CRSP, Compustat)
Compensation: $110,000 Per Year