Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- Work for a global leader in the financial industry creating innovative strategies for the current needs of the market.
- Led by a renowned innovator in the industry, the company manages over $80 billion in assets using investment strategies developed in-house.
- Our client offers competitive base salaries and extremely lucrative bonuses, in addition to a fantastic benefits package.
What Gets You the Job?
- Monitor 350+ scheduled ETL and reporting jobs running on a daily or weekly basis.
- Provide first level support for failed jobs and/or processes.
- Data quality control and track vendor communications for data corrections and new releases.
- Supervise the job scheduler and other application servers used by the data management team.
- Troubleshoot/resolve problems in an expeditious manner.
- Document existing processes and log job failures and their resolution.
- Study and enhance existing systems to minimize operational failures.
- Generate end-of-day report, summarizing jobs' status.
Keywords: SAS/Perl/SSIS, Relational Databases, SQL ,financial industry, ETL tools
- 2+ years' experience in the following:
- SAS, Perl, or SSIS
- Relational Databases, SQL, and Database management tools (i.e. SSMS or Toad)
- Understanding of SDLC and release processes
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Finance, Math, or related field
- Nice to have: Experience in the financial industry and a familiarity with such databases as Bloomberg Backoffice, Worldscope, Datastream, CRSP, and Compusta
- Also nice to have: Experience with ETL tools and job scheduler
Compensation: $120,000 Per Year