Why you want to work here:
- Top financial company on the West Coast! The team is small and you will work with the best of the best. You will own your projects from start to finish.
- The company is very stable and been around for over 20 years.
- Catered lunch daily, plus a high bonus and 100% paid benefits.
- Centrally located in Century City near great shopping and restaurants!
What You Will Do
- Provide day-to-day operational support, with a focus on network administration and security event analysis.
- Play a crucial role in upcoming projects such as a firewall ITS project.
- Will be involved with many projects including hardware refreshes, Firewall projects, and implementation of a Network Access Control Solution.
- Review network and security logs/events from the devices, including Firewalls, NIDS/HIDS, Proxy/web filter, routers, VPN gateways/concentrators, server event logs, e-mail/host anti-virus, desktop security monitoring agents, antivirus servers, and IPs.
- Identify and investigate suspicious or malicious activity within the environment (and escalate events as required).
- Assist in performing triage of vulnerable systems discovered by events such as vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Monitor potential data threats/risks against the infrastructure by analyzing available sources (IE. Open source, US-CERT, FS-ISAC, MSFT, OTX indicators, trusted third parties, social media, etc.)
- Be a member of the on-call monitor and support rotation.
What Gets You the Job?
- B.S. in Information Technology or a related field
- 2 – 5 years’ experience working within the IT industry as a network administrator or network security administrator
- Cisco experience is required and a CCNA is a plus.
- Cybersecurity certifications preferred (e.g. Security+, CCNA Security, GSEC) but not required
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python, or Powershell) a huge plus
- Experience working with vendors on projects.
- Prior experience with at least two of the following: Cisco switching, routing, and/or firewalls
- Experience monitoring the operational status of components and escalating/reporting outages of the components required
- Working knowledge of firewall/network communication, routing protocols, common internet applications, and standards required
- Conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory required
- Familiarity with various event logging systems.
- Experience identifying and implementing countermeasures or mitigating controls for deployment/implementation in the enterprise network environment required
Keywords: Bachelor's Degree, Networking and Security experience
Compensation: $95,000 Per Year