Local candidates strongly preferred.
Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- Global, growing company means many new opportunities as the company develops cutting edge payment solutions for their clients.
- Company culture is open and transparent. Their focus for their clients and internal team members is to build fun, collaborative relationships and the foster creativity in everything they do. They also pay well, have very good benefits, and take very good care of their employees.
- The OC location boasts an amazing work environment and culture. Bright, open work spaces that invite people to work closely together are teamed with the company giant lunch and game room - traditional and console games, snacks and refreshments galore, and a sense of fun in everything they do.
What Gets You the Job?
- Drive continual improvements while keeping a high bar for security and availability.
- Oversee team backlogs and manage a technical roadmap.
- Work with Product Management and the business to discover true requirements and feature requests, recommend alternative technical/business approaches, and lead engineering efforts.
- Collaborate with the enterprise architecture team to align technical delivery with the execution of long-term architectural roadmaps.
- Work closely with multiple engineering teams within the company, third-party teams, and financial institutions around the world to deliver their roadmap.
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies, project meetings, and department meetings as required.
- Communicate strategy, status, and technical vision to the senior management.
Keywords: High-traffic applications, software development, Agile/SCRUM, SOAP, REST, Web Services, management
- Undergraduate technical degree (computer science or engineering) or equivalent
- 8+ years hands-on software development experience
- 4+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals
- Experience designing and developing large-scale, high traffic applications
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Familiarity with Source code management systems (e.g. Subversion/GIT) and bug tracking/fixing system (e.g. Jira)
- History with automated builds, continuous integration, and unit testing
- Proficiency in creating/updating technical specifications and completing code review
- Background with implementing scalable solutions based on industry best practices
- Strong working knowledge of XML, XSD, SOAP, REST and Web Services in general
- Demonstrated experience applying SCRUM and other Agile methodologies
Compensation: $145,000 Per Year