Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- Come join this private company with over $3/4 billion in revenue, and 420 employees worldwide of which 280 are in Westlake Village.
- Strong revenue and EBITDA numbers allow them to be a nimble and flexible company. People are able to put their stamp on what they're doing. There aren't 20 layers of approvals, and everyone has the ability to have a voice at the table.
- Enjoy big company stability with the small company benefit of flexibility and adaptability.
What Gets You the Job?
- Work closely with the Database Manager, Database Developers, Software Developer team, and business units
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Database systems
- Develop and enhance the BI system
- Create, modify, and optimize SQL queries and stored procedures
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to Business units and Management as needed
- Communicate with Program Manager and appropriate business units as needed
- Initiate corrective action to ensure all database servers meet processing requirements for performance and reliability
Keywords: SQL Server 2005, 2008 (2012), SSIS, SSRS, stored procedures (writing new, modifying and optimizing)
- 5+ years’ database administration experience
- Strong database design and development experience for very large database applications
- Prior experience with optimizing database design, analyzing data, queries, DDL, Backup and Recovery
- Ability to program database servers by using user-defined functions, triggers, stored procedures, and Transact-SQL
- Design and deploy SSIS; design, deploy and automate SSRS
- Ability to work with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Ability to install and test new releases, develop and maintain a comprehensive library of all supporting documentation
- Understand and utilize SQL Server Change Data Capture feature
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to effectively communicate (written/verbally) with team members and other technical/non-technical personnel
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Nice to have: Hands-on experience with MS SQL 2005 and 2008 R2, 2012, experience with SSAS
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar study is a plus
Compensation: $130,000 Per Year