Job Title: Senior SAS Engineer
Why work here as a Senior SAS Engineer?
- Work for a global leader in the financial industry creating innovative strategies for the current needs of the market.
- Led by a renowned innovator in the industry, the company manages over $80 billion in assets using investment strategies developed in-house.
- Our client offers competitive base salaries and extremely lucrative bonuses, in addition to a fantastic benefits package.
As a Senior SAS Engineer, you will:
- Support Data Management team in improving performance, development and operational activities
- Design, develop and enhance existing ETL, processes, and reports
- Monitor and support data systems in use by multiple teams (i.e. Investment Management, Research, Finance)
- Design, evaluate and select BI and reporting tools, MDM providers, and data wuality tools
- Evaluate and promptly resolve internal user requests including data requests, performance issues, data exceptions, etc.
- Work with internal and external clients to be conscious of future data needs and projected systems architecture
- Test application enhancements and upgrades
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting upwards of 350 scheduled ETLs and reporting jobs
- Monitor job scheduler and application servers used by the data management team
- Quality control of data, monitoring vendor communications for corrections and new releases
What Gets You the Job?
- Strong programming and database skills with 10+ years’ overall information technology experience
- 5+ years’ Base SAS, SAS Macros and SAS/Stat experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Relational Databases, SQL, and database management tools (i.e. SSMS, Toad)
- 3 to 5+ experience in the financial industry (i.e. Research, Banking, Investment Management)
- Experience and knowledge of the following will prove beneficial:
- SAS Business Intelligence, SAS Management Console, Enterprise Guide
- Bloomberg Back Office, Worldscope, Datastream, CRSP, Compustat, CRB, FRED, Factset, ESG
- Perl, SSIS, ETL tools, Qlik, Control-M (or similar job scheduler)
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle and release processes
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative ability
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Information Science, Finance, Math, or similar)
- Advanced SAS Certification is a plus