Job Title: Java Developer
Why work here as a Java Developer?
- Do you want to work with a bunch of really smart people?
- In all of their tech positions, you’ll have an opportunity take advantage of the newest and best ideas available.
- You’ll work with great technology on innovative products in the heart of Los Angeles.
As a Java Developer, you will:
- Contribute effective design and development as this company maximizes and streamlines infrastructure and services
- Use current Java practices, architectures, and frameworks to design and develop modern SaaS applications
- These applications will comprise a global, enterprise-grade expense reporting and invoice management system
- Solve web application, integration and business problems in an Agile environment
- Break down user stories into subtasks, clarify requirements, and communicate design choices across teams
- Work independently and collaboratively across different teams in a quickly-moving environment
- Opportunity to demonstrate knowledge in mentoring additional team members
What Gets You the Job as a Java Developer?
- 3+ years’ professional Java experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Strong understanding of full stack of web development and web application development
- Prior experience working in OS X, Linux, Scrum and DevOps environments
- Experience with large-scale or distributed web applications
- SQL, JPQL or NoSQL programming experience
- Experience with Spring boot, Spring MVC, AWS, Hibernate, and/or microservices
- Experience designing and building JSON or REST services and APIs
- Prior experience working with third party APIs, workflow and integration architectures
- Experience with TDD and functional testing
- Knowledge of the Agile application development lifecycle (i.e. continuous integration, automated testing, Scrum, etc.)
- Source control experience
- Experience working with AWS toolkits and APIs and using Docker or other containers
- Understanding of secure application programming practices and vulnerabilities
- Strong resting, debugging, troubleshooting, and documentation skills