Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Why work here as a DevOps Engineer?
- This is a ground-floor opportunity to work with an impressive management team that has a proven track record of building successful start-ups.
- This company has already raised $80M in capital venture funding.
- Join a company that will be the first online provider in a $45-50B industry.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Oversee daily operations including systems monitoring and management across all production and non-production cloud infrastructure
- Support Engineering team with infrastructure and automation best practices
- Design, implement, and maintain production systems, cloud infrastructure and automation tools
- Work closely with developers and users and developers in resolving issues and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Drive new automation methods that enhance infrastructure operations
- Ensure adequate load and performance during peak traffic and off-hours
- Design and execute on net/subnet separation to ensure network security
- Lead engineering meetings on architecture design
- Consistently work to ensure maintainability, performance, and scaling
What Gets You the Job?
- 6+ years’ overall DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS cloud infrastructure operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL, ElastiCache, S3, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Advanced scripting experience using Ruby, Python, Bash
- Proficient CI/CD knowledge using Jenkins and/orCircleCI
- Load balancing and proxy routing experience using ELB, HAProxy, Route53
- Automation experience using Chef, OpsWorks, Terraform
- Prior container orchestration and management experience using Docker
- Monitoring experience using New Relic and AppSignal
- Practical knowledge of VPC and network design