Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Why work here as a Senior DevOps Engineer?
- When one has a great product, distribution and marketing are the keys to everything.
- Here’s a chance to work with a company that is well-known for supporting a number of transformative products through the use of media and cutting-edge technologies.
- Chance to work at a company that focuses both on ecommerce as well as television production for their products.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Administer and maintain high-quality application and service environments
- Support Linux (RedHat and CentOS) and Windows OS-based corporate infrastructure
- Assist in building out infrastructure as code (replace or build as new with full automation)
- Integrate and operate secure, scalable, enterprise solutions across multiple infrastructure platforms
- Integrate effective solutions for cloud (AWS), virtualization, storage, server, networking, backup/DR, performance, monitoring, etc.
- Plan and analyze risk associated with critical system integrations
- Work Product Owners, Application Engineering, Development, Security and Compliance teams in continuous solutions delivery
- Partner with Systems Engineering and Operations leadership in tranalsting solutions into engineering and operational assignments
- Work jointly on projects with DevOps engineers, QA, developers, and additional teams across the organization
- Collaborate to determine infrastructure requirements and make architectural recommendations
- Mentor team members to increase technical skills
- Respond to server/service emergencies in a timely manner
- Participate in on-call rotation in response to critical issues
- Adhere to defined processes in delivering technology releases, ensuring no production outages
- Conduct technical research to make informed recommendations that will improve system and work processes
What Gets You the Job?
- Strong systems administration and/or infrastructure engineering background and knowledge of scripting and automation (AWS)
- 5 – 7 years’ experience as a Linux (RedHat/CentOS) Administrator
- 5+ years’ experience running public-facing websites or web hosting environments
- 3+ years’ DevOps/Development/Scripting as a software engineer is nice to have
- Experience with OS deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting, etc.
- Prior experience architecting/supporting infrastructure for high availability, highly scalable, multi-tier web-based systems (Apache/Nginx) systems
- Networking technologies knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python, JSON, Ansible, Ruby, Cloudformation)
- Experience with containers (i.e. Docker)
- Experience deploying and working with Chef
- Knowledge of IAAS (AWS) PAAS/SAAS architectures and options is nice to have
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS controls and evidence requirements as they apply to infrastructure is nice to have
- Best practices knowledge regarding secure systems design and scalable architectures
- Familiarity with Agile or Waterfall methodology and processes is highly beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Excellent customer and client interfacing skills