Director of Software Engineering (Java/PHP)
Location: El Segundo, CA
Skills: full stack (PHP, Java), architectural reviews, budget, client work (proposals, SOWs, presentations), career ladders, eCommerce/Supply Chain/Production Support
Job Title: Director of Software Engineering (Java/PHP)
Why work here as Director of Software Engineering?
- When one has a great product, distribution and marketing are the keys to everything.
- Here’s a chance to work with a company that is well-known for supporting a number of transformative products through the use of media and cutting-edge technologies.
- Chance to work at a company that focuses both on ecommerce as well as television production for their products.
As Director of Software Engineering, you will:
- Own the delivery of complex enterprise applications development
- Develop resilient teams that deliver leading-edge solutions aligning with long-term objectives
- Oversee project deliveries involving multiple technologies, including Java and PHP
- Direct teams in delivering documentation, training, and support of platform systems
- Establish and manage metrics including uptime and system responsiveness
- Create and maintain on-call rotation for key systems
- Direct, review and approve designs and implementations for engineering architecture
- Facilitate key decision-making and collaborative sessions with stakeholders, partners, and cross-functional teams
- Optimize and improve engineering processes and standards
- Drive high-quality operations, incident management, and resolution
- Maintain thorough understanding of business and products, including application portfolio
- Uphold and maintain industry best practices and appropriate technologies
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent professional experience)
- 5+ years’ in a management role – minimum 2 years’ experience managing managers as a Director
- 10+ years’ overall software experience, with strong Java and PHP knowledge
- eCommerce experience is highly advantageous – subscription management is a plus
- Strong background in directing multiple, concurrent, complex project deliveries in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience leading and managing onshore and offshore teams of 20+ members
- Extensive coding background in object-oriented languages, i.e. Java and PHP
- Strong architecture, design, and implementation skills
- Strong people management, including vendors and contractors (invoices and budget tracking)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
For immediate consideration please click Apply or email resumes to:
Apply With Linkedin
Back to Job Listings