Job Title: Senior Linux Administrator
Why work here as a Senior Linux Administrator?
- When one has a great product, distribution and marketing are the keys to everything.
- Here’s a chance to work with a company that is well-known for supporting a number of transformative products through the use of media and cutting-edge technologies.
- Chance to work at a company that focuses both on ecommerce as well as television production for their products.
As a Senior Linux Administrator, you will:
- Report to Senior Manager of Infrastructure & Operations Engineering
- Perform hands-on administration and operational support in Linux (RedHat, Centos) and Windows environments
- Architect and support infrastructure and web-based systems within a highly available production environment
- Integrate and help operate solutions across various infrastructure platforms including cloud (AWS), virtualization, SAN/storage, etc.
- Design, implement and administer backup and disaster recovery solutions for key systems
- Work with multiple teams including DevOps, PMO, Application and Development, Security and Compliance
- Work with Management to determine project schedule, infrastructure requirements, and make architectural recommendations
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering and Operations leadership to translate solutions into tasks
- Communicate with partners and vendors to support integration and operation of key systems
- Prepare and present status, technical and management reports
- Perform scheduled maintenance (i.e. application and server hot fixes)
- Plan and analyze risk and modifications associated with system upgrades (hardware/software)
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to server/service emergencies
- Mentor junior team members as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- 5 to 7+ years’ experience administering public-facing websites or web hosting environments in Linux (RedHat/CentOS)
- Knowledge of overall networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Prior solutions integration experience on platforms (cloud, virtualization, SAN/storage, server, networking, etc.)
- Ability to deploy operating systems and perform upgrades
- Experience onitor and report on system performance
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues and repair system failures
- Knowledge of best practices for secure systems design and scalable architectures
- Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and SAAS architectures is nice to have
- Desire to build knowledge of emerging technologies that support infrastructure and operations
- Programming experience with Bash, Python, JSON, Ansible, Ruby and cloud formation
- Prior deployment experience (Chef)
- Strong ability to build relationships with both customers and clients
- Effective communication and collaboration skills across teams and departments