Job Title: Contract Project Manager - Infrastructure & DevOps
Why work here as an Infrastructure & DevOps Project Manager?
- Working here means being part of fun environment that provides many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
- An opportunity to work for a well-respected CIO that Technical Connections has worked with for the past 10 years. He is so respected that several of his staff members follow him wherever he goes.
As an Infrastructure & DevOps Project Manager, you will:
- Lead team and assist key stakeholders in utilizing the appropriate methodology/framework for project delivery and success
- Facilitate effective project meetings with leadership and key stakeholders
- Provide daily status updates, reporting and analytics; develop and track metrics
- Ensure adequate project resources and timely completion of milestones, with quality and on budget
- Facilitate effective sprint/Kanban reviews, ensuring that sprint goals are clearly communicated to stakeholders
- Facilitate prioritization discussion with Product Owners, Business Owners and Technical Leads as needed
- Work to determine project execution approach, estimate scope and timelines, prepare time and resource estimates
- Execute and deliver key DevOps project strategies, create detailed project plans and manage execution for implementations
- Streamline organizational processes and minimize unplanned tasks or obstacles, escalating where appropriate
- Develop plans including action steps and timelines to accomplish objectives
- Acquire and leverage resources, processes, and tools to achieve business goals
- Tale ownership of projects and tasks, driving efforts to successful completion
- Identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations, and needs
- Acquire customer feedback to identify opportunities for improvement, following up with customers to ensure issue resolution
- Work with Product Owners, Business Owners and Technical Leads to minimize unplanned tasks and facilitate prioritization discussion, as appropriate
- Motivate the team to demonstrate completed user stories and working product increments
- Incorporate stakeholder feedback on working product increments into next iteration
- Be a representative and advocate for the team in communicating activities
- Mentor team on Agile/Scrum principles, values, best practices
What Gets You the Job?
- 5 to 7 years’ experience leading teams in the development of integral, consumer-facing systems
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Scrum Master or Project Manager using a a variety of methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Proven track record of delivering successful projects in both Agile and traditional environments
- Strong knowledge of the following methodologies/frameworks: Scrum, Kanban, Hybrid, TDD etc.
- Knowledge of Jira, Trello, Confluence, Hipchat, and other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes is a plus
- Strong leadership, team building, organizational skills, resource planning/management skills
- Ability to analyze problems or issues and look for connections, trends, potential causes
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation)