Job Title: Senior Linux/DevOps Engineer
Why work here as a Senior Linux/DevOps Engineer?
- Come join this private company with over $3 billion in revenue, and 420 employees worldwide of which 280 are in Westlake Village.
- Strong revenue and EBITDA numbers allow them to be a nimble and flexible company. People are able to put their stamp on what they're doing. There aren't 20 layers of approvals, and everyone has the ability to have a voice at the table.
- Enjoy big company stability with the small company benefit of flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent benefits including a 100% match on 401k up to 4%, Company is growing both internally and by acquisition.
As a Senior Linux/DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Create, maintain, and support Linux infrastructure and systems
- Provide hands-on support for AWS scripting and automation
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Network Teams in migration efforts, supporting architecture, implementation, management and administration needs
- Assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy via Proof of Concept(s)
- Communicate and approve program architecture with infrastructure, project management, technology services management teams
- Setup and maintain Virtual servers (VMware)
- Develop enterprise standards that guarantee integration and compatibility of multi-vendor platforms
- Design and develop blueprints for solutions implementation
- Provide third-level support for incidents in areas of proficiency
What Gets You the Job?
- 10+ years’ comprehensive, hands-on experience in enterprise environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience with planning design implementation and operation
- Strong DevOps and scripting experience (i.e. AWK, Python)
- Prior experience installing and administering Linux systems, Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu, FreeBSD
- In-depth understanding of TCP, IP, and other network protocols
- Strong AWS experience (load balancers, AMI, autoscaling, server migration)
- Thorough understanding of systems monitoring, capacity planning, and performance tuning
- Strong, effective communication skills (written, verbal) and interpersonal ability across teams and organization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Certifications are a plus (LFCS, Linux+, Red Hat, Oracle Linux)