Job Title: Data Engineer
Why work here as a Data Engineer?
- If you are an independent, motivated self-starter, we want to talk to you.
- This company is rated as one of The Best Places to Work -- don't believe us? Let's get you an interview!
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Design, develop and create complex and business critical programs and system solutions, utilizing appropriate BI techniques and technology—either individually or in concert with project team
- Develop and oversee housing of internal and external data for specific projects and applications, comprehensive testing of systems to ensure data integrity and ensuring effective alignment of business requirements with technical solutions
- Work cross-functionally with the business stakeholders along with IT and data users to analyze, recommend, design and implement solutions to support local SQL-based reporting problems
- Responsible for requirements, design, development, testing and deployment of accurate and automated reports, dashboards and visualizations that provide actionable and real-time insight into the performance of the business and support the end-to-end BI function
- Collaborate closely with the data science team on the provisioning, engineering and deployment components of data science initiatives
What Gets You the Job?
- 7+ years of experience in Business Intelligence (Data Integration, Reporting and Analytics), Data warehousing, Data provisioning and data architecture in a commercial environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools; Microsoft SQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Toad Data Point, Business Intelligence Development Studio and Alteryx, Tableau and working knowledge of Core SAP BI, ERP, CRM and CPM modules
- Demonstrated experience with AWS as well as NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Knowledge of Kimball Lifecycle Methodology for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
- Experience working with customers at all levels of the business, gathering requirements and successfully translating them into solutions while providing strong business acumen and understanding business implications of decisions
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated broad and deep technical skills with various operating systems, databases, protocols and programming languages to evaluate highly complex systems or applications
- Creative problem solver with the willingness to continuously grow and build knowledge and skills