Job Title: NOC Engineer (Applications Support)
Why work here as a NOC Engineer (Applications Support)?
- This company is one of the top consumer-based entertainment resources online!
- They are currently undergoing a major technology transformation and require strong monitoring and operational experience within an eCommerce environment.
- This is a huge opportunity to showcase your technical engineering expertise in successfully handling incidents that impact business processes.
As a NOC Engineer (Applications Support), you will:
- Assist in applications support and incident management within a high-demand, eCommerce production environment
- Assist Engineering and Software Development teams with day-to-day incident resolution
- Perform Tier 1 troubleshooting, respond to tickets, customer calls and monitoring alarms
- Provide timely resolution to server side/application service issues
- Escalate complex issues to appropriate teams, coordinate response to business and customers, and document new processes
- Monitor and maintain end-to-end website workflows and content processing systems
- Report software bugs to the appropriate stakeholders
- Follow established operating and escalation procedures in all processes
- Compile and publish internal system performance reports including uptime and other appropriate metrics
- Create system performance reports, including uptime and other metrics, for internal review
- Create views, scripts, saved searches, etc., for support personnel
- Participate in on-call rotation, occasionally working night and/or swing shifts as the need arises
What Gets You the Job?
- 3+ years’ experience providing technical applications support in a production environment
- 3+ years’ experience as a NOC Engineer or Website Administrator (eCommerce)
- Functional knowledge of Windows Server, IIS operations and Linux.
- Networking experience (TCP/IP) and basic understanding of connectivity diagnostics
- Experience with Office 365 and G-Suite
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. PowerShell, Perl, Unix Shell)
- Understanding of web protocol specifications (i.e. SOAP, JSON, REST)
- Experience creating Standard Operating Procedures for workflows and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal)
- Ability to effectively interface with customers
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred