Job Title: Systems Engineer
Why work here as a Systems Engineer?
- Beautiful offices located in Irvine with other offices in San Diego, Downtown Los Angeles, Century City and San Francisco.
- Busy law firm who treat their employees very well. Many employees who have been there for over 10 years.
- They like to promote from within. The CTO started off at the bottom and has risen to the top.
- Excellent benefits!
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Build out, maintain, and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Monitor and test performance for potential bottlenecks
- Identify solutions and work with external vendors to implement these
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to improve system efficiency and reduce the need to address and resolve known issues
- Participate in designing information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd tier support
- Work with vendors and other IT staff for problem resolution
What Gets You the Job?
- Strong IT foundation, i.e. computer systems engineering, systems engineering, analysis, etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- Prior experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server, Active Directory, and DNS
- Extensive experience managing Cisco switches and routers and maintaining a Cisco UC System
- In-depth cloud experience (Azure)
- Detailed networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Virtualization and containerization experience (VMware)
- Prior experience working with monitoring systems