Job Title: QA Automation Engineer
Why work here as a QA Automation Engineer?
- Fantastic culture that truly puts the employee ahead of the company. Small company means a greater impact for everyone on the tech and software development teams.
- Work on new projects with some of the latest Microsoft .Net technologies in a collaborative agile environment where your input is appreciated and requested.
- Great location in Westlake Village making it an easy commute from Ventura County and many parts of western LA County.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will:
- Develop and execute automated tests for custom web based applications
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, QA analysts, developers, and business/systems analysts
- Work to understand underlying business and software applications
- Assess feasibility and ROI of automating tests
- Transform manual test cases into suitable designs for automated tests
- Design, develop, maintain, and execute automated functional regression test scripts
- Use and extend the existing automation framework where appropriate
- Manually validate and report defects detected by the automated tests
- Assist with manual testing as needed to help QA team meet schedules
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for automated tests and their designs
What Gets You the Job?
- 5 years’ experience in a professional web and .NET software development environment
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant course of study
- Experience developing automated tests for web services
- Functional knowledge of networks, server administration, messaging systems.
- Strong proficiency in coding with UFT on web applications
- Fluency with VB Script
- Strong experience designing and coding resusable library functions
- Familiarity with advanced techniques in GUI object recognition including custom controls
- Understanding of SDLC with emphasis of QA, test case development, and RTM
- Experience with SQL query development in MS SQL Server environment is highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)