Job Title: Cross-Platform Support Team Engineer
Why work here as a Cross-Platform Support Team Engineer?
- This is a great company – private, small, but with a long history of success in Southern California providing cross-platform support and services to small and medium sized-business. Lots of entertainment industry exposure.
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to expand their career as a Senior Engineer or in Project Leadership/Management and be an integral part of the company’s future growth and success.
- Family-centric company and a team that enjoys each others’ company. No stress of big corporate enterprises, and they have occasional company outings that often include seeing big new movies (like Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) together as a team.
As a Cross-Platform Support Team Engineer, you will:
- Provide day-to-day support in cross-platform environments (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Participate in design and implementation of solutions for desktop, server, network, and the cloud
- Image and deploy workstations
- Diagnose, research, and resolve complex technical problems
- Identify opportunities to implement new processes, procedures, or systems
- Document, track, and monitor issues for efficient and timely resolution
- Set expectations for customers and clients concerning issue resolution
- Learn new concepts on the fly and via cross-training with other engineers
- Follow industry best practices and keep up-to-date with emerging trends in technology
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ IT experience including 2 years’ networking and deployment experience
- Experience supporting and maintaining Windows Server, Active Directory, and PowerShell
- Fundamental experience supporting and maintaining VMWare ESXi Virtual Servers; understanding of virtualization management (iDRAC, iLO)
- Prior experience supporting and maintaining professional grade firewalls, VPNs (Juniper, SonicWALL, Fortigate), WAPs and managed switches
- Knowledge of network and internet protocols (DHCP, DNS, MX Records) relevant to troubleshooting client-side issues
- Functional knowledge of mobile device management (MDM)
- Basic understanding of macOS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration
- Prior experience with an MSP is a big plus