Job Title: Senior QA Analyst
Why work here as a Senior QA Analyst?
- Friendly, hard-working company culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded.
- Our client offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
As a Senior QA Analyst, you will:
- Provide quality assurance and perform multiple types of testing
- Demonstrate expertise in test plan and test case development, bug reporting, test guideline maintenance, etc.
- Build automated test suites, report project status, and create tools to assist application software validation
- Participate in test/automation strategies for projects, provide quality risk assessments, and information on release candidate quality
- Work with business and IT review and ensure clear business, functional and technical requirements
- Analyze QA efforts and develop testing strategy
- Create test scenarios based on user stories, create, execute, and document test plans and test cases in the test case management tool
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results
- Manage QA deliveries for assigned projects
- Take lead on projects assigned by supervising manager
- Work cross-functionally with QA Manager an Product Managers, Development, and Client Services in communicating testing status and roadblocks
- Create QA documentation, log defects, test and retest defects in bug tracking system (i.e. Jira)
- Thoroughly examine and provide root cause analysis of software and system defects
- Define and track QA metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Validate data from multiple sources including files, XMLs and databases
- Participate in project team meetings planned and completed tasks, and report on daily status at project level (including planned and completed tasks)
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ QA experience with a strong technical background
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- High advocacy of QA technologies, methodologies and best practices
- Expert programming (Java) and SQL experience
- Strong functional knowledge of all areas of the QA/testing process
- Advanced testing knowledge including: functional, regression, integration, usability, end-to-end system, API, performance/stress, bug, cross-browser testing, etc.
- Practical knowledge of Selenium Web Driver, SOAP UI, JMeter, Maven, Jenkins and other automation tools
- Extensive knowledge of multi-tier architecture and networking is highly preferred
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment using SCRUM
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide recommendations as needed
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, documentation)
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills in a cross-functional capacity
- Ability to work on and follow-through with multiple projects simultaneously