Job Title: Systems Administrator
Why work here as a Systems Administrator?
- Top Hedge Fund on the West Coast! Team is small and you will work with the best of the best. You will own your projects from start to finish.
- Company is very stable and been around for over 20 years.
- Catered lunch daily, plus bonus potential and 100% paid benefits.
- Centrally located in Century City near great shopping and restaurants!
As a Systems Administrator, you will:
- Work on cross-functionally with various IT Infrastructure teams across the organization
- Provide routine operational support of core systems and servers
- Perform troubleshooting, event monitoring and analysis, responding to issues in a timely manner
- Manage lifecycle of operating systems and applications (install, patch, test, decommission)
- Ensure secure deployment, implementation, management and maintenance of servers and devices
- Provide end user support as-needed when issues are escalated by the helpdesk
- Escalate problems as needed to other members of the team or vendors
- Keep up-to-date with new applications and technologies and make recommendations bases on research
- Provide after-hours on-call support on rotation
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as systems administrator in a multi-site environment
- Financial services industry experience is nice to have
- Experience with Windows 2008, SQL Server, 2008, and MS Exchange Server 2010 (and later versions)
- Strong experience administering Active Directory/Windows Server
- Familiarity with cloud technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with networking (LAN/WAN), switches and firewalls
- Knowledge of common internet standards (i.e. TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/s, PGP, SSH, MAPI, etc.).
- VMware ESXi, vCenter, Exchange Server. SQL, File sharing (DFS, etc.), IIS Server
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Microsoft or other certifications are nice to have