Job Title: Principal, Data Engineer
Why work here as Principal Data Engineer?
- Work for one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the U.S.
- They own and operate a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses.
- They also offer competitive compensation packages, great benefits, and talented teams to work with and learn from.
As Principal Data Engineer, you will:
- Design, manage, and develop key data products for sales research, analytics, and engineering
- Assist in the build and design of data architecture that will propel data management initiatives
- Develop and code data management services under leadership of VP Architecture
- Partner with delivery team, key stakeholders and leadership in facilitation, execution of a 12 to 36-month product roadmap
- Align value proposition and evaluation criteria with low level milestones
- Provide full support of product with the roadmap
- Analyze and report updates to senior engineering leadership, adjusting strategy as needed
- Plan, maneuver, and carry out both focused strategies and routine implementations
What Gets You the Job?
- 5 to 10+ years’ software development experience as a developer or manager
- Experience building out with digital advertising technologies
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a development manager working with direct reports
- Bachelor¹s Degree in Computer Science or similar course of study
- Proficiency with Scala and/or Java programming languages
- In-depth understanding of data structure algorithm design
- Broad development knowledge and experience with Apache Spark applications
- Knowledge of cloud data sources and architectures (i.e. AWS,/S3, HDFS, Kafka, etc.)
- Software container experience (i.e. Docker)
- Strong object-oriented and functional programming design skills
- Ability to develop or consume web interfaces (REST API, HTTP, and web services
- A hands-on, long-range approach towards solutions and engineering code
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) when collaborating and working with teams
- Highly data-driven and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY