Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Why work here as a Cloud Engineer?
- Work for one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the U.S.
- They own and operate a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses.
- They also offer competitive compensation packages, great benefits, and talented teams to work with and learn from.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Partner with multiple cross-functional groups in the strategy, architecture and design of the company’s enterprise cloud
- Evaluate and recommend solutions in partnership with cross-functional engineering and development teams
- Provide a transformational approach in guiding network, storage, management, and virtualization teams
- Adhere to standards and principles, guidelines, design standards, governance, etc.
- Define a multi-year platform strategy fine-tuned to new technologies and requirements as they arise
- Collaborate with product owners and functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases
- Assist in developing target state cloud architecture and support organization model with the platform roadmap
- Focus on container strategies and ecosystems to support growing data and computing requirements
- Apply related technologies and solutions for both on-site and external cloud environments
- Execute proof of concepts and feasibility studies to validate new concepts and technologies
- Facilitate key decision-making business and technology discussions with teams
- Drive technical designs to deliberation and approval
What Gets You the Job?
- 4 to 5 years’ experience with cloud computing including infrastructure, storage, platforms and data
- Hands-on experience with AWS and Azure
- Experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models
- Strong experience working with and guiding transformation strategies
- Prior implementation experience within large-scale environments
- Networking and web standards knowledge (i.e. DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security, proxies, firewalls, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of automation, CI/CD, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models
- Scripting and/or programming experience (i.e. Puppet, Ansible)
- Container experience (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with cross-functional teams
- Technical documentation experience (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Ability to create high-quality business cases for new technology proposals
- Cisco UCS fabric management and VMWare 6.x experience is nice to have