Job Title: Database Admin/Engineer
Why work here as a Database Admin/Engineer?
- Work for one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the U.S.
- They own and operate a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses.
- They also offer competitive compensation packages, great benefits, and talented teams to work with and learn from.
As a Database Admin/Engineer, you will:
- Develop, deploy, and manage multi-region, public cloud-based solutions (AWS) to support large-scale, consumer-facing digital properties
- Work closely with database and application teams to address issues, measure results, and utilize best practices
- Research, evaluate, and recommend database solutions for applications in partnership with related development teams
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement database performance and monitoring solutions
- Create iterative, automated process for regular system check performance on existing production systems
- Performance tune database technologies via database settings, operating system parameters database sharding and table sharding
- Carefully analyze issues from application tier to database
- Act as escalation point for Level 1 production issues
What Gets You the Job?
- Hands-on experience architecting, deploying and managing database solutions in public cloud architectures (AWS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar course of study
- 5+ years’ experience with MySQL, Aurora, Postgres databases
- 3+ years’ experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase, DynamoDB)
- 5+ years’ data modeling experience
- In-depth experience with automation and auto-scaling
- Highly skilled in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Strong familiarity with ERD tools
- Experience with writing Shell scripts
- Container experience (i.e. Kubernetes) and ETL experience is nice to have
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Prior experience managing global, remote teams is a huge plus