Job Title: Business Analyst (Risk)
Why work here as a Business Analyst (Risk)?
- Top Hedge Fund on the West Coast! Team is small and you will work with the best of the best. You will own your projects from start to finish.
- Company is very stable and been around for over 20 years.
- Catered lunch daily, plus bonus potential and 100% paid benefits.
- Centrally located in Century City near great shopping and restaurants!
As a Business Analyst (Risk), you will:
- Work closely with Risk and Marketing teams to understand complex business workflows
- Become familiar with the existing suite of systems (risk and marketing)
- Project manage and analyze all facets of risk reporting and SQL/SSRS development
- Address adhoc and project requests from business units
- Improve the existing risk reporting suite and integrate data from the risk management platform
- Write documentation for business requirements
- Deliver software solutions in collaboration with senior members of the Business Technology team
- Support end users as software and subject matter expert
- Ensure clear and concise communication of requirements to technical team members
- Lead UAT to ensure delivery of quality solutions
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other similar course of study
- 4+ years’ experience at a capital markets/hedge funds or financial technology firm
- 2+ years’ experience with fixed income, structured products, or credit derivatives
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with MS Excel and SQL
- In-depth knowledge of financial products
- Understanding of risk engines is a plus
- Proficiency with at least one of the following programming languages is nice to have: i.e. C/C++, Java, F#/C#, Python, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, documentation)
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical team members and personnel