Network Security Resource
Our client, a non-profit with a strong focus on healthcare, is looking for an information security with expert networking skills. Located in Ventura County, this company is highly dedicated to the regions it serves, and is known for providing active assistance through volunteerism.
We are looking for someone with a solid networking background and who is a great collaborator and open to learn new processes on the fly. This is a great opportunity to impart your deep technical knowledge towards making enhancements in information security. For more information please contact Lynn Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Network Security Resource, you will:
- You will perform security administration comprising LAN/WAN, routers, switches, firewalls, servers, storage, desktop systems, incident response and disaster recovery
- You will work closely and collaboratively with network and systems administrators to ensure the compliance, confidentiality, stability and availability of data assets
Additionally, you will:
- Prevent and mitigate cybersecurity incidents such as application penetration, malware, and social engineering attacks
- Analyze, recommend, develop, implement and maintain systems and processes
- Monitor and identify risks, and pinpoint sources/methods of attack
- Identify potential security gaps and develop effective solutions
- Provide recommendations based on enterprise security, response and remediation plans
What Gets You the Job?
- 2+ years’ information security experience
- Expert networking skills (i.e. LAN/WAN, wireless, security firewalls, VPN, proxy, intrusion prevention, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- CISSP, CISA, CCNP Security, or CEH certifications are a plus
- Strong analytical and debugging skills with the ability to identify security and develop appropriate controls
- Experience with both Palo Alto and Cisco Firewall
- Knowledge of Active Directory, MS Exchange, and clinical applications
- In-depth understanding of HIPAA laws and compliance
- Familiarity with project management methodologies/tools, systems analysis and procedures
- Driven and independent as well as a team player
- Broad, up-to-date understanding of information security concepts and technology
- Nice to have: ISO 900, NIST, HITRUST, SOX, NAC, mobile device management, malware prevention, data encryption and data loss prevention
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.