Job Title: Director of Pensions (Applications)
Our client is looking for a Director of Pensions (Applications) with a strong development background. This is a high-visibility position working in close collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Here you will spearhead and oversee the development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the needs of the business according to timeline and budget.
As Director of Pensions (Applications):
- You will familiarize yourself with company guidelines in order to determine systems needs and improvements
- You will lead multiple concurrent projects and project managers, and provide technical oversight for all systems-related activity
- You will have a hand in strategic direction and solutions implementation
Additionally, you will:
- Research potential systems solutions, participate in salary planning, and estimate overall project cost and timelines
- Communicate updates to business partners and stakeholders
- Manage employees and contractors including goals, daily assignment of activities, periodic performance evaluation and coaching
What Gets You the Job?
- 12+ years’ experience in application development experience
- 5 years’ experience managing teams and multiple, concurrent technical projects
- Experience providing cost-effective technical solutions that meet business needs
- Prior experience working in terminal funding/pension buyout in an IT capacity
- Project delivery experience in the insurance and/or financial services sector
- Proven experience with evaluating new technologies and integrating solutions into new and legacy environments
- In-depth knowledge and use of Agile or iterative development methodologies
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively work with teams and senior stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate across multiple technical and non-technical areas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.