Job Title: Principal Java Engineer
Why work here as a Principal Java Engineer?
- Our client has been in business for over 50 years and stays ahead of the curve with the newest technologies.
- This company offers a stellar work/life balance.
- They offer excellent health/dental benefits and other perks, such as a spacious on-site gym and cafeteria.
As a Principal Java Engineer:
- You will provide architectural vision, design, and execution for all IT systems
- You will transform application projects to ensure scalability, availability, manageability, robustness, and performance
- You will gather information and define architectural principles that will be used to influence major program decisions
- You will also ensure that that product and project implementations align with to architectural vision
We are looking for someone who can:
- Perform hands-on development of solutions that meet business objectives/application requirements and adhere to architectural principles
- Establish auditing procedures to ensure continued system integrity and architectural conformance
- Gather and document functions, features, input/output requirements for design and performance in an Agile environment
- Collaborate with project team members to architect, develop, and build development frameworks and business applications
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers to convert requirements into technical specifications and conduct code reviews.
- Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Select hardware, software, applications, and other technology products
- Commit to long-term projects
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 7+ years’ experience working as an Architect, Principal or Staff Engineer, or Tech lead with Java enterprise technologies
- Experience with large-scale object-oriented distributed systems in n-tier and client-server environment
- Prior experience implementing systems with a focus on scalability, reliability, performance, and security
- Understanding of database performance with respect to application design
- Experience working with Oracle or MySQL databases both on the design and SQL tuning is a plus
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands
- Automation experience including creating and using BASH scripts
- Experience with managing systems in AWS including deployment and monitoring automation is a plus
- Python development experience for systems automation is nice to have
- Some experience with Docker experience is nice to have
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.