Job Title: Java Developer
This is a huge opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the U.S. Our client owns and operate a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. They also offer their employees competitive compensation packages, great benefits, and talented teams to work with and learn from.
As a Java Developer, you will:
- You will assist in the development of low-latency, highly-scalable web services
- You will use Java and Spring to design, develop, and deliver software on cutting-edge, burgeoning platforms
- You will actively participate in design discussions, code reviews, pair programming, and other code quality related initiatives
In addition, you will:
- Inspect and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments
- Collaborate and interface with software and quality engineers and many cross-functional team members
- Be a key member of an Agile team, completing tasks and adapting to dynamic business requirements
- Work in close partnership with fellow software engineers and software quality engineers
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 3 to 5 years’ experience - hands-on proficiency with Experience working on an Agile team
- Ability to build high-volume RESTful APIs, and experience with TDD
- Strong familiarity with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or DynamoDB)
- The following knowledge and experience is nice to have: microservice architecture, ElasticSearch, AWS Kinesis, relational databases, Node.js
- Flexibility to travel as needed (up to four times a year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.