Job Title: BI Developer (Financial Services)
Our client, a top hedge fund on the West Coast, is looking to hire a Developer with a strong data and financial background. Here you will manage collection and data processing and work in close partnership with project managers to develop and support business solutions.
This opportunity will offer you a chance to work with on a small team with the best of the best. Centrally located in Century City near great shopping and restaurants, this company is very stable and been around for over 20 years! They provide a catered lunch daily, plus bonus potential and 100% paid benefits. Read on to learn more about this position and send us your application to be considered.
As an BI Developer (Financial Services):
- You will develop and support multiple solutions for Accounting, Operations, and Treasury teams
- You will work with development teams to integrate internal systems (accounting, security master, and proprietary order management)
- You will gain knowledge about the business and given the room to enhance your technology skill set
In addition, you will:
- Field ad hoc requests directly from business units for data integration and reporting
- Conduct research on new technologies and effectively integrate these within the existing environment
- Adhere to best coding practices
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top university in Computer Sciences, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics
- 3+ years’ experience providing middle and back office support at a capital markets firm is helpful
- 3 to 5 years’ software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of portfolio accounting or trading systems
- Prior use of BI tools (Tableau) and Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence)
- Expert-level experience with ETL development, SQL, and source control platforms (i.e. TFS)
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts
- Track record of developing solutions with SSIS and reports in SSRS
- Knowledge of MS Excel/VBA
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.