Job Title: Data Scientist
Come work for an established name in the online marketing industry! Our client, a major presence on both a national and global scale, has been in business for over 20 years and is continuing to experience exponential growth. They are currently looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help lead their machine learning effort. Here you will enjoy a casual, startup environment and that truly values and believes in work-life balance.
As a Data Scientist:
- You will collaborate with software engineers and domain experts to build new product features for multiple business units
- You will use machine learning techniques to select features and build/optimize classifiers
- You will perform data mining using modern, cutting-edge methods
In addition, you will:
- Extend company data with third-party information sources as needed
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of varying methods as they apply to massive data sets including collaborative filtering, neuro-linguistic programming, machine and deep learning
- Partner with data scientists to prioritize and further all related efforts
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, or other related fields including Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Physics
- 5+ years’ experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Python, Scala or Java
- 5+ years’ software development experience in NLP development and/or text analytics
- Firm grasp of machine learning techniques and algorithms (i.e. k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests)
- Understanding of agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Familiarity with common data science toolkits (i.e. as R, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Tensorflow)
- Ability to apply Part-Of-Speech tagger, shallow and deep parser, feature scaling, dimensionality reduction and data compression techniques
- Proficiency with TF-IDF, SVM, Ensemble models (Bagging, Boosting), model tuning using grid-search etc.
- Nice to have – work in machine learning publications or on open source
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.