Job Title: Software Engineer in Test
Do you want to work in a fun tech environment in the heart of Los Angeles? Our client is looking for a software engineer to jump in and assist with delivering efficient, high-performing, quality production builds to their mobile platform. If you are a solutions-oriented go-getter with a passion for quality assurance, read on and send us your resume!
As a Software Engineer in Test:
- You will team up with application developers to improve release velocity and production health
- You will partner with development and QA teams arranging the workflow to accurately build the big picture of velocity, coverage and quality
- You will automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through new or existing infrastructure
In addition, you will:
- Automate with the "shift left" approach of CI in mind at all times
- Write fairly complex code/scripts to test systems
- Implement test harnesses and infrastructure as needed
- Write and implement integration, component and web UI tests
- Contribute to testing scope transparency during planning and design phases of change
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or similar field/relevant experience)
- 3 years’ professional experience including development and/or test automation
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Expert-level experience with troubleshooting system issues
- Proven understanding of UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience working in a CI/CD pipeline
- Coding experience with Java, C/C++ or Python
- Proficiency with Jenkins or equivalent tool
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.