Job Title: QA Engineer III
Are you looking to be valued and rewarded for your hard work and talent? Our client, a non-profit located in Rancho Cucamonga, is looking for a QA Engineer to take a lead role in performing complete, comprehensive testing of software applications, thereby improving overall business operations and regulatory procedures. Here, you will develop requirements, test plans, cases, and scenarios, as well as perform necessary hands-on testing of many applications.
Located near major freeways, shopping, dining and entertainment, this company was recently named "Favorite Overall Company to Work For" and "Favorite Workplace Culture" in a new survey. Perks include free parking, weekly car wash, and a large cafeteria that serves Starbucks. Read on to learn more about this opportunity.
As a QA Engineer:
- You will take on a leadership position on multiple, complex IT projects and production support releases, including plan/strategy development and cross-functional collaboration
- You will make recommendations based on research, experience and knowledge, and ensure proper risk mitigation
- You will use your experience to provide direction to IT and business team members and guide test strategies and decision-making
In addition, you will:
- Develop test cases, test scenarios, and test criteria to effectively test configured software and custom-developed IT applications
- Work with business users to develop function application requirements and detailed system requirements for IT and project team members, project managers, and analysts
- Perform functional ‘black box’ testing to identify issues/defects, communicating and prioritizing communicate these to project teams
- Maintain up-to-date libraries of application requirements, specifications, test cases, defect logs, and test results
- Communicate with business partners to coordinate appropriate user acceptance testing
- Develop and run automated test scripts, and analyze results and maintain documentation according to IT group standards including user and operational instructions, process and program documentation
- Develop SQL reports for investigating data-related issues and work consistently to reduce the risk of data being compromised
- Perform or facilitate application stress testing and regression testing as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Degree from a four-year university – preferred major in IT, Mathematics, Business Administration, or Healthcare (prior equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- 7+ years’ QA experience in IT software development environments
- 2+ years’ requirements development and documentation experience,
- Must have automation testing experience (Selenium preferred)
- Direct experience with leading QA efforts in an IT capacity
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience supporting complex applications and/or technology projects to include custom systems development, implementation of commercial software products, system integrations, infrastructure upgrades, complex organizational change initiatives, etc.
- Expert-level IT proficiency to include SDLC methodologies, system integration, data mapping, QA processes, relational Databases, development processes, etc.
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Knowledgeable on process improvement methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal) with a focus on customer service
- Ability to communicate concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences and self-motivate and direct self independently as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.