Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Our client, a major motion picture company in West LA, is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to design, build and support their infrastructure and platform for enterprise cloud services. Here, you will be part of a dynamic technical team whose core functions ensure the overall efficiency of cloud environments (primarily AWS) for high availability and cost-effectiveness. This is a key role working with multiple internal and external teams, customers, vendors, and others to resolve complex system issues, and you will have the opportunity to cross-functionally train others to ensure effective and timely delivery of migrations.
As a Cloud Engineer:
- You will work with applications teams to migrate legacy/on-premise applications to cloud environments
- You will implement and maintain cloud security controls and policies (i.e. IAM, risk and compliance, CIS, malware, anti-virus, secret management, etc.)
- You will be focused on Configuration Management, IaC (Terraform / Cloud Formation) and coding in Python and/or Ruby.
- You will also reverse-engineer and document existing AWS infrastructure
Additionally, you will:
- Work with multiple organizations to develop and refine standards, determine effective technology solutions, and facilitate full integration
- Ensure that infrastructure and deployed applications are optimized for disaster recovery, high-availability, fail over, and/or redundancy
- Provide status reports (verbal and written) to IT management and customer support
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ experience with enterprise Linux operating system administration
- 5+ years’ experience with cloud service providers – mainly AWS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience – AWS certification is a huge plus
- Familiarity with large, secure heterogeneous servers and network infrastructure (DNS, load balancers, switches, etc.)
- Optimization experience including configuration of automation, notifications, and reporting capabilities
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (i.e. Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of DevOps tools including Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, AWS CloudFormation, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.
- Experience with deploying, securing, and operationalizing web application stacks (i.e. LAMP, J2EE etc.)
- Experience with deploying and administering hardened Linux and Windows servers
- Strong knowledge of web servers (i.e. Apache, NGINX, IIS, etc.) in databases and other storage systems (i.e. MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, NFS, CIFS, Redis, ELK, etc.)
- Expertise in languages and language runtimes (PHP, Java, .NET, Node.js, etc.)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal/external users and across IT and business areas
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, collaborative and interpersonal)
- Strong problem-solving skills including analysis and discernment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.