Job Title: Director of Consulting Services
Our client, one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world, is looking for a Director of Consulting Services at their San Diego location. In this position, you will be responsible for sales and engagement management as you lead in providing IT consulting and services to commercial clients. You will drive revenue growth within existing accounts, develop new clients, and manage the entire sales and relationship lifecycle.
We’re looking for a thought leader and collaborator with deep IT knowledge, consulting skills, delivery capability and focused experience in the Los Angeles market. If you are looking to have your ideas implemented and be well-compensated for merit and performance, we encourage you to read more about this position.
As Director of Consulting Services:
- You will lead on-site and globally-dispersed teams consultants in developing business solutions for clients in advanced business and technology environments
- You will design, propose and execute these solutions based on growth requirements and business enhancements
- You will lead in winning competitive proposals, and carry out large delivery programs, assignments, and projects
- You will deliver excellent services to clients to meet (and ideally exceed) their expectations
Additionally, you will:
- Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts
- Contribute to strategic business and budget planning, and effectively manage engagement profitability
- Work with the account management team as well as global delivery and vendor partners to fulfill engagements
- Apply best practices to include governance, quality, succession planning, team member performance evaluations, and finance management
What Gets You the Job?
- 8+ years’ experience in providing IT consulting services, outsourcing, and end-to-end IT solutions (application development and maintenance services/solutions)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering,
- Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, and complex pricing models
- Strong IT delivery and business development experience including strategic sales planning
- Experience working with large consulting firms is a plus
- Stellar track record of both client engagement and relationship management
- Strong, effective people management
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, with strong presentation ability)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.