Job Title: DevOps Specialist/Linux Engineer
Our client, top full-service advertising agency, is looking for a DevOps Specialist to develop and support infrastructure projects and platforms that support business processes. Here you will be a part of a dynamic, creative company and work with great people.
As a DevOps Specialist/Linux Engineer:
- You will build, implement and release infrastructure tools
- You will test and deploy software updates with a focus on security
- You will automate the deployment pipeline and build and maintain services
- You will work with the global security team to ensure project confidentiality
In addition, you will:
- Configure, administer, and automate Linux servers with a focus on reliability and scaling
- Work with users to resolve their technical problems and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Monitor industry trends and keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies
- Adhere to existing operational processes and IT policies and maintain related documentation
- Consolidate server platform architecture via automation and containerization
- Maintain and support enterprise applications such as Confluence, JIRA, etc.
- Drive overall transformation efforts and operational efficiency
What Gets You the Job?
- 4+ years’ experience with enterprise level systems, design and support
- Highly technical understanding of systems administration and security
- Prior experience working in a virtualized environment (VMware)
- Ability to configure, administer, and automate Linux servers with a focus on reliability and scaling
- Scripting experience (i.e. Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration theory including Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with automation technologies (i.e. Ansible, Chef, Microsoft Orchestrator, Puppet)
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning is helpful
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- Excellent prioritization, collaboration, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and creative approach to problem-solving
- Familiarity with Windows environment including Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/GPO, file sharing, etc.
- Proficiency with Mac/iOS devices is nice to have
- Knowledge of SAN technologies (i.e. iSCSI, NFS, fiber channel – Stornext SANs is a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Zabbix, and Jenkins (or similar tools) is nice to have
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.