Job Title: Director, IT Engineering and Operations
Why work here?
- Working here means being part of a fun environment that provides many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
- An opportunity to work for a well-respected CIO that Technical Connections has worked with for the past 10 years. He is so respected that several of his staff members follow him wherever he goes.
Here, you will lead, direct, engineer and operate our client’s network, data centers, and processing platforms. Additionally, you will take the lead in IT service management and acquisitions. Most importantly, you will ensure that network infrastructure systems are available, maintained and operational to meet and exceed business standards and processing requirements.
This role requires extensive leadership experience and cross-functional collaboration in order to establish and maintain processes that will benefit business functions on a long-term basis.
In addition, you will:
- Ensure that network infrastructure platforms are operational 24/7
- Direct teams that troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure/operations issues
- Guarantee redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities of systems
- Make decisions on infrastructure architecture and design to maximize reliability, performance and scalability
- Oversee infrastructure technology projects including planning, implementation and execution
- Manage technical teams through all phases of project development, rollout and implementation
- Work cross-functionally with departments and management
- Prepare budgets, plan schedules, set deadlines, allocate resources, monitor progress and troubleshoot solutions
What gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or combined education and work experience
- 10+ years’ related experience with a minimum of 5 years at a managerial level
- Expert-level knowledge of large-scale distributed legacy network systems including technologies like SDWAN
- Excellent understanding of PBR, IP SLA, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Proven effective management of remote teams providing 24/7 coverage for critical systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and apply technical principles and concepts in diverse, complex environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to delegate tasks and convey concepts to varying levels of personnel across an organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.