Job Title: Manager, IT Engineering and Store Operations
Why work here?
- Working here means being part of a fun environment that provides many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
- An opportunity to work for a well-respected CIO that Technical Connections has worked with for the past 10 years. He is so respected that several of his staff members follow him wherever he goes.
Here, you will develop and maintain network architecture for large and complex systems while managing a team of network engineers and technicians. Your decisions will greatly influence key decisions that will affect long-term business strategy and vision.
As Manager of IT Engineering and Store Operations:
- You will review, analyze, and develop enterprise-level network requirements
- You will develop roadmaps, policies, standards and procedures that will drive network processes – and you will communicate related outcomes of these to the organization and leadership
- You will lead in creating governing principles that guide decision making for network architecture
In addition, you will:
- Provide Level 1-3 support for all store network infrastructure including Wi-Fi, routing and switching, telephony, LAN/WAN, and more
- Ensure the architectural requirements align with IT and business strategy and develop plans to achieve priorities
- Identify system, application, and infrastructure reuse goals, opportunities, and standards
- Ensure that new features are compatible with existing solutions, infrastructure, services, and requirements
- Oversee expert-level domain and senior enterprise architect personnel including interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluation and termination as needed
- Advise management and internal customers on advanced technical projects and/or programs
What Gets You the Job?
- 7 to 10+ years' related experience
- Expert-level knowledge of large-scale distributed legacy network systems including technologies like SDWAN
- Proven effective management of remote teams providing 24/7 coverage for critical systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and apply technical principles and concepts in diverse, complex environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to delegate tasks and convey concepts to varying levels of personnel across an organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.