Job Title: HR Business Systems Analyst (PeopleSoft)
Our client, a leader in high-quality and accessible higher education, is seeking an HR Business Systems Analyst with PeopleSoft experience to lead in activities related to the to the PeopleSoft HCM application. This will include planning, configuration, testing and documentation related to production support and other activities.
Your work will directly impact the functionality of multiple campuses across one of the largest, diverse, and most affordable university systems in the country. This position is located just minutes from the ocean and accessible via major public transportation. Read on to learn more about this opportunity!
As HR Business Systems Analyst:
- You will provide functional support for 23 campuses (in addition to our client) with ongoing upgrades within the PeopleSoft HCM application
- You will coordinate testing efforts with project managers, technical resources, and other functional staff
- You will participate on project teams to effectively implement new system functionality
In addition, you will:
- Support preparation and cost estimates for proposed customizations, upgrades, and other project activities
- Analyze, test and document custom modifications required to address business requirements
- Conduct unit, system, integration and regression testing of bundles, maintenance pack releases, upgrades, fixes, etc.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues reported through ServiceNow cases
- Adhere to SLAs, Application Development procedures, and quality standards in producing deliverables
- Facilitate meetings (i.e. conference calls or webinars with user groups, sub-committees and representatives) to discuss project activities as needed
- Prepare presentations pertaining to development and testing of program/functional specifications, and time/cost estimates for customizations, upgrades, etc.
- Create and maintain functional documentation required to support the application
- Produce deliverables that adhere to quality standards and comply with Application Development procedures and practices
- Collaborate and cross-train with related teams to resolve issues as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related course of study
- Experience with Workforce Administration, and of the PeopleSoft bundles, experience with maintenance pack releases, PeopleTools and Oracle upgrades, and CSU updates and fixes.
- 3 to 5 years’ functional experience working with the PeopleSoft HCM application or other similar ERP
- Will consider equivalent combination of education and experience, and coursework in the PeopleSoft HCM application
- Strong experience with Workforce Administration (and ideally with at least one additional HCM module component i.e. Absence Management, Benefits Administration, Time and Labor, Workforce Administration, Position Management, Recruiting Solutions, or Faculty)
- Strong familiarity with the application implementation life cycle: requirements development, fit/gap analysis, application configuration, and security functional specifications
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional designs
- Functional experience with HR practices and systems in a higher education environment is helpful
- Proficiency with of PeopleSoft rules-based processing is nice to have
- Superb communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal, collaboration)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.