Job Title: Workday HCM Testing Lead
Our client is looking for a Program Testing Lead to assist in their Workday Financials deployment program, with the goal of improving administrative efficiency for their enterprise and other facilities. Here you will design and implement testing strategies while working with additional program workstreams in performing or overseeing test activity. This is a 10-month contract position located in the heart of Los Angeles at a renowned institution rich with culture.
As a Workday HCM Testing Lead:
- You will lead activities including development and deployment of test scripts and cases for multiple large, complex programs and projects
- You will test designs, approaches and deliveries for performance and automation events
- You will review, monitor and summarize all project testing activity progress
In addition, you will:
- Identify, obtain and document system testing requirements, perform test events, and generate test reports
- Recommend and implement process improvements to meet goals set by teams, departments and the business
- Guarantee proper version control and configuration management of all test objects and test environments used
- Clearly communicate with stakeholders and other individuals/departments regarding test planning, progress and closure
- Report discrepancies, track lifecycles, and provide accurate, timely reports to respective stakeholders
- Collaborate on testing strategy with fellow Workday HCM and financial deployment leads to ensure that configuration, integration, and data conversion are all accounted for
- Participate in requirements definition and review, and act as SME on projects as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience writing and executing manual test cases for custom web applications, web services and service-oriented architecture (SOA), and enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- 5 years’ related experience with project management, with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership or executive position
- Prior experience creating test plans for manual and automated testing, reviewing requirements and solution designs, and providing test coverage and status reports, defect reports, and trends
- Experience working on Agile teams, participating in and leading UAT sessions, and designing and writing automated test scripts in C# programming language
- Strong relationship and vendor management skills and ability to provide coaching and feedback as needed
- Strong experience with HP ALM, SQL, and automated functional GUI test tools such as HP Quicktest Professional, Borland SilkTest, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong prioritization and task management skills
- Workday experience is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Agile hybrid delivery and extending/modifying methodologies is nice to have
- Prior work experience in either higher education or healthcare industries
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.