Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Our client is looking for an IT Business Analyst to identify and document design specifications and generate need-gap analyses bases on assessment of user needs. This is a nine-month contract position located in the heart of Los Angeles at a renowned institution rich with culture.
As an IT Business Analyst:
- You will determine IT business requirements with customer groups
- You will facilitate meetings and design sessions with implementation teams
- You will create, analyze and validate detailed functional specifications for solutions
In addition, you will:
- Develop requirements specifications according to customary templates
- Review project deliverables and timelines during project meetings
- Ensure requirements flow between internal/external customers, SMEs, software development teams, business process re-engineering teams, and QA
- Participate in testing developed software or new process flow
- Settle conflicts, break down high-level information, and abstract up low-level information up
- Provide guidance and effectively determine user requests from necessity
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years’ experience with business analysis
- Knowledge of requirements gathering and documentation procedures
- Experience with interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis, etc.
- Firm grasp of Agile software development methodologies
- Understanding of process flow charting and testing processes
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation)
- Familiarity with financial transaction system such as Kuali, Student Information System (SIS) and HCM and Payroll system such as Workday
- Experience with forecasting applications such as IBM Cognos TM1 is helpful
- SQL experience is nice to have
- Prior experience creating functional design and troubleshooting system integrations is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.