Job Title: Senior Technical Project Manager – Workday ERP
Our client, an exciting sports-centric firm, is currently seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to take the lead as the internal point-of-contact, working directly with the Workday implementations team to make sure that transition between ERP systems goes as smoothly as possible. This is a high-visibility role, working directly with the CFO and other senior members of the finance team.
As Senior Technical Project Manager:
- Own the Workday Financials implementation (and possibly Payroll, and HCM too) from beginning to finish, while maintaining and managing schedules/plans, scope, and provide constant evaluations and updates to the executive team
- Be the SME for all Workday Financial based projects and be the “go-to person.”
- You will partner with the enterprise solutions team from Workday in managing the execution of all financial software workstreams
- Develop, administer and manage budget, forecasts, and projections
- Build project teams and identify stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors
- Schedule, delegate, and review assignments for project team members, and adjust as needed
- Perform and conduct data analysis, reporting, research and evaluation of tools, technologies and process requirements
- Ensure effective documentation and reporting of project goals, objectives, deliverables, plans and status throughout the project
- Review and evaluate project progress, recommend improvements, and determine course-correction to scope and schedules as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Proven track record of leading successful Workday implementations with a focus on finance.
- 5+ years of comprehensive information technology knowledge and experience
- Finance background, with the ability to understand the complex and unique business logic
- 3+ years’ experience managing IT projects as a project leader or manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Communication, Organization Development, or similar work experience
- PMP certification or completion of a recognized project management curriculum is beneficial
- Demonstrated experience with managing cross-functional teams in project management disciplines organization-wide
- Proven data analysis and manipulation skills for the creation and packing of reports for management
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, documentation)