Job Title: SharePoint Administrator
Our client, a leader in high-quality and accessible higher education, is seeking a Systems Administrator to manage SharePoint environments including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security. This is a chance for you to develop and strategize a core infrastructure for one of the largest, diverse, and most affordable university systems in the country.
This temp-to-hire position is located just minutes from the ocean and accessible via major public transportation. Read on to learn more about this opportunity!
As a SharePoint Administrator:
- You will oversee SharePoint infrastructure, user access, and application deployment
- You will support the installation, configuration, security, operation, backup, and maintenance of all servers, equipment, and software related to the infrastructure
In addition, you will:
- Perform daily monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance analysis to ensure high availability of the environment
- Perform migrations, upgrades, implement third-party solutions, and integrate these with additional enterprise systems, and/or hosted platforms
- Support InfoPath forms including communicating form library location along with their purpose and workflows
- Work closely with departments to implement design/usability changes as well as optimize data storage, retrieval, and protections
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists, and site collections
- Perform typical system administrative activities including site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience supporting MS SharePoint with a firm grasp of architecture and experience
- MS SharePoint certification is a plus
- Prior experience working with SharePoint Enterprise 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Firm understanding of SharePoint Server 2013 and 2016
- Configuration and working experience with MS Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server 2012/2014
- Active Directory and SharePoint command line parameters experience
- Experience using PowerShell commands to administer, troubleshoot, and gather data commands
- Use of third-party database Backup and Recovery tools such as AvePoint and Veem
- Familiarity with third-party remote blob solutions such as Metalogix
- Knowledge of web performance, monitoring tools, and operational procedures
- Familiarity with federated authentication and responsive web design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.