Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
Do you want to work in a fun tech environment in the heart of Los Angeles? Our client is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test release quality production builds on their Test Automation Team. Here, you will create Selenium scripts using core Python and Robot Framework and create Postman scripts to test RESTful APIs. This is a high-priority role in which you will design and enhance enhancing testing frameworks to improve efficiency and coverage.
As Software Development Engineer in Test:
- You will work cross-functionally with product managers, developers and QA teams to ensure that software is delivered according to specifications
- You will collaborate with QA, software developers, and system/database administrators to troubleshoot database issues with SQL queries and Sequel Pro
- You will assist development teams with issue identification and resolution, using services such as AWS and DynamoDB
- You will issue tracking systems such as Jira and Service Cloud
- You will develop ReST API and SOAP automation for performance evaluation and data integration
- You will utilize tools such as JMeter, Postman, Eclipse IDE for automation enhancements
In addition, you will:
- Monitor and review web server and application server logs to debug issues (using tools such as Kibana, Sensu, and New Relic)
- Review delivered features with developers and any adjustments made during the development cycle
- Document test cases and validate code against them
- Work within environments adhering to various project management methodologies
- Ensure resolution and close of JIRAs to meet scheduled release dates
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related focus
- The ability to mentor and lead a team of test engineers, including delegating tasks, providing overall guidance and prioritization of tasks. While this isn’t a management role, the client is looking for someone who has demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proficiency with automated test development and advanced programming experience using Python and Java
- Expert-level Linux skills with the ability to write advanced SQL queries and stored procedures
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA)
- Experience with application monitoring and logging tools
- Firm grasp of relational database structure
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal) in working with multiple teams and departments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.