Job Title: Front End Developer (Level 3)
Our client, one of the top consumer-based entertainment resources online, is looking for a Level III Front End Developer to play a key role in delivering projects and features for their high-profile, customer-facing websites. Here you will work with product managers and quality engineers in delivering high profile software and user experiences. Ultimately you will leave your mark while consistently delivering high quality, high profile software and user experiences.
In addition, you will:
- Build and release features, design and improve software, and work on solutions with a team of fellow developers
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
- Provide guidance to fellow team members with complex technical and design issues
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with multiple team members on software solutions
- Participate in Agile ceremonies including standups, retros, and sprint planning
- Troubleshoot and fix issues as they arise
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (or equivalent functional experience)
- 5+ years’ professional experience as a software engineer in a front end or full-stack capacity
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- In-depth knowledge of modern web software design patterns and principles
- Experience with at least modern front-end framework or library including React/Redux, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, etc.
- Strong experience with Git and source code control management and branching strategies
- Proficiency with key web development principles such as DOM hierarchy and manipulation, semantic markup, performance optimization strategies, responsive vs. adaptive layouts , etc.
- Familiarity with Git or other source code control systems
- Functional knowledge of basic networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
- Proven knowledge of the whole web stack including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- Experience developing user-facing software at scale (a plus)
- Familiarity with test driven and behavioral driven development practices
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Familiarity with modern web standards including HTML5 and CSS3
- Intuitive web design experience with respects to the fundamentals of user experience
- Strong web development knowledge including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- Familiarity with front end workflow/build system and productivity tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Next.js, etc.
- Proficiency with analytics platforms, A/B testing frameworks and ad serving technology
- Experience with video content and video playback experience customization
- Passion for software development throughout the entire software life cycle
- Stellar communication skills and willing to learn new techniques within a dynamic team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.