Job Title: Software Architect
Our client, one of the top consumer-based entertainment resources online, is looking for a Software Architect to play a key role in planning and implementing scalable platform architectures. They are currently undergoing a major technology transformation offering a huge opportunity to showcase your skills in improving agility and providing leadership in development of standards for the company.
As a Software Architect:
- You will translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs in close collaboration with key stakeholders and tech leaders
- You will analyze and work to improve agility, stability, scalability, and performance of platforms and products
- You will use keen discernment to make actionable decisions that adhere to best practices
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related course of study, or equivalent hands-on experience
- 7+ years’ professional experience as a software engineer
- Deep knowledge of fundamental software architecture concepts and methodologies with a commitment to quality
- Proven track record of mentoring and leading software engineers in a technical capacity
- Functional experience handling mission-critical, high volume systems
- In-depth knowledge of basic networking, infrastructure, and technical security principals
- Familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure
- Proficiency with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
- Familiarity with multiple data stores i.e. SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, BaaS, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
- Experience with stream processing and event-driven architectures
- Firm grasp of application security, web applications, and modern techniques for building software
- Experience with API development, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Desire to learn and apply new technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.