Job Title: Full Stack Developer (Python Engineer)
Our client, an early-stage startup on the westside, is looking for a Full Stack Developer to collaborate with well-funded industry veterans who are disrupting a key service space that is near to many of our hearts. Here you will write code using Python and React Native to bring beautiful and well-designed user interfaces to our clients across multiple platforms.
Our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible hours, brand new office, pet-friendly, yappy hours (if you have a dog!).
As our Full Stack Python Developer/Engineer:
- You will build out backend APIs and systems for customer-facing software on a small, cross-functional team
- You’ll mainly use Python and React Native, but eventually build components in Swift/Kotlin, Go, and Node
- You will collaborate closely with team members on features and provide mentorship with their code
Additionally, you will:
- Help write automated tests, peer review code, and spec API requirements
- Break down features into releasable parts and estimate the release schedule
- Consume and define traditional RESTful APIs
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Computer science or equivalent demonstrated skill (3+ years’ experience)
- Desire to work with a small team on large-scale projects in a startup environment
- Extensive experience writing with Python or a similar language (i.e. GoLang, Ruby, etc.)
- Ability to dive into AWS products (i.e. EC2, RDS, etc.) and use them like a pro
- Hands-on full stack enthusiast, including DevOps
- Containerization experience – must love Docker!
- Track record of writing clean, readable code and unit tests – please include a link to your GitHub portfolio on your resume!
- Prior app-building experience (or interest in doing so)
- Knowledge of the ubiquitous language as it relates to domain-driven design
- Proficiency with using Git in an Agile development team setting
- Machine learning experience including scikit-learn, xgboost, tensorflow
- Strong analytical and bug-fixing skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.