Job Title: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Are you a developer with lead experience who is looking to take the next step in their career? Our client is looking for an expert in Ruby on Rails who can iterate and ship clean, maintainable code for their customers in the legal industry. Here, you will be using new technologies invested by our client to build products in close collaboration with product managers and designers.
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer:
- You will code using Elixir, Go, Node and Scala, and deploy on a fully-Dockerized system
- You will utilize open source software as desired (i.e. resque_scheduler, robut, resque_unit, JSON API, etc.)
- You will employ full stack software while simultaneously evolving and refining your unique technical skillset
In addition, you will:
- Contribute to shared backend services, front-end interfaces, and common libraries
- Collaborate with and mentor other developers on practices and procedures
- Make recommendations to improve the software development process
What Gets You the Job?
- 7+ years’ experience developing web applications in Ruby/Rails, Elixir or Phoenix, Django, Node or similar MVC development framework
- Experience as key developer or owner of multiple application components/features
- Prior experience transforming large Rails applications into service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Strong development background including testing, TDD, object-oriented design and high-level system design
- Cross-functional ability to work and communicate with designers, project managers, user researchers, etc.
- Stellar communication skills with a willingness to learn and mentor others
- Demonstrated interest in new technologies and improving processes for your team and our client
- Knowledge of Agile and Lean methodologies
- Experience leading development teams.
- Experience with contributing to or maintaining open-source projects (please include your GitHub profile)
- Confidence and pride in code quality, with the desire to build satisfying software for users
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.